ABC Teachers are currently working with a school which specialises in working with Children with challenging behaviour.
Many of these pupils will have been excluded from mainstream education, so you will face challenging behaviour on a daily basis and must be confident in your abilities to deal with this behaviour.
Your role will involve working both in class and out of the classroom, helping to manage challenging behaviour and supporting academic and pastoral development for the pupils.
Many of the children at this school will come from vulnerable backgrounds, so previous experience within similar settings would be advantageous.
• Managing behaviour in the class, supporting the class teacher
• Working with small key groups outside of the class
• Helping to manage behaviour between lessons and during break hours, on occasion
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience working within a school setting, preferably SEND.
• A strong team player, with a positive and flexible approach to work
• Strong behaviour management - ESSENTIAL
• Experience within a challenging school setting - DESIRED
• Restraint or Team Teach Trained – DESIRED
You must hold or be wiling to complete at DBS.
To find out more about the role and other opportunities ABC Teachers can offer for you – Do not hesitate to get in touch using the details below.
What to do next:
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please email email@example.com or contact Dean Isaac on 01543 228 029
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach and an online safeguarding training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.