River View Primary & Nursery School
Behaviour Support Officer Grade 6: £19,819 - £22,402 Pro rata (37 hours per week, term time only)
Required from1st September 2018
River View is an expanding Primary School with well-behaved pupils and a strong, motivated team of staff and Governors who are working together to ensure that River View is a good school.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative person, who is able to empathise with and motivate young people, to work within a team. Position to commence 1st September 2018.
We need a Behaviour Support Officer to work in creative ways with individuals or small groups of identified underachieving students, assisting them to overcome barriers to learning and so achieve their true potential.
They will also be responsible for improving attendance especially with vulnerable children and families as well as running a behaviour reward scheme and a lunchtime reflection zone. The candidate appointed will join a newly established team in a school, which is rapidly improving.
This post requires working from 8.00 am to help in our breakfast club and then assist our parent support worker with getting children to school. The candidate’s lunchtime will be before or after the children lunch. There will also be a need to run after school clubs three times a week; this is to be decided in consultation with the head teacher.
We have high expectations of all our pupils and we expect our learning mentor to be able to:
- Engage disengaged children
- Work with calmness and empathy
- Plan, deliver and evaluate work, involving young people and ensuring demonstrable outcomes.
- Good written, organisational and co-ordinating skills
- Work effectively and communicate with parents and a range of agencies and services
- Effective ICT skills Our school can offer:
- professional development for experienced staff and a programme of support for new personnel
- a vibrant and stimulating environment where there is a strong team ethos
- happy and friendly children
- a friendly and supportive staff team
- a strong and supportive Governing Body
Closing Date: Friday 15th June 2018 at 4.00 pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from school or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A visit to the school and a chat with the Head teacher is actively encouraged. Please return all completed application forms directly to the school by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school address below.
River View Primary and Nursery School Suffolk Road Stapenhill Burton on Trent DE15 9HR