Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and ambitious Teacher of Biology at our Outstanding School. This post provides the opportunity for an NQT or current educator of Biology to receive the very best coaching, training and experience within their subject. As a school that has consistently enabled extraordinary outcomes for our students, we are uniquely placed to develop and guide a teacher of Biology in their career. Last year 91% of our students achieved at least two Science GCSEs at grades 9-4. Similarly our A-level students attained superb results. Applications are welcome from individuals of all religions who will support the Catholic ethos of our school.
Our teachers are integral to Gunnersbury’s success through their provision of superb teaching and its enablement of outstanding achievement. Working under the direction of the Head of Biology the new teacher shall seek to further the learning experience and outcomes of our students. They should wish to establish fantastic learning for each child.
Above all else we seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a real passion for Biology, who is committed to the success of their students and is highly motivated to develop the teaching and learning across the department. Potential, dynamism, determination and resolve are key attributes for our new teacher. In particular we are very keen to appoint an individual who wishes to be a leader of Biology within a few years. Our excellent school and Science department will provide the experience, training and guidance to enable this ambition to be fulfilled.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
- A Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and a Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
- Committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
- One of the top Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE achievement (DfE performance table 2018)
- An environment that enables achievement of the highest order 88% 5 GCSEs at 9-4 including English and Maths in 2018, Progress 8 score of +0.66
- Determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 5% of schools for GCSE achievement
- Determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
- A workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at 12.00
Applications will be considered immediately upon their receipt
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.