Why work for John F. Kennedy International School?
Education is the most important gift we can give to our children. Here at JFK, we ensure that we combine challenging and enriching experiences with academic rigour and creative opportunities. We offer a unique, family-oriented, educational environment where all students are motivated to fully develop their talents and skills.
We want our students to explore all the opportunities that are available to them. We strive to ensure that the academic achievements of our students are the best they can be, and here in Saanen, we draw from the opportunities afforded by our beautiful location to enrich the education we provide.
Whether it is in the classroom, on the sports field, on the piste or whilst participating in an expedition, we want our students to reach goals higher than they ever thought possible. In having high expectations of our students, they learn to have high expectations of themselves.
We have completed a substantial refurbishment of the original Saanen Schoolhouse, providing wonderful new facilities. There are 2 separate female and male boarding houses set in traditional Saanenland Chalets which accommodate boarders age 6 to 14.
Boarders learn how to live, work and play together, sharing experiences with people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds. We aim to provide a caring 'home from home' for boarders, where they can enjoy happy and fulfilling lives as part of an international boarding community, having the feel of a large family.
We are committed to continuing the ethos which has become synonymous with JFK, and to ensure we instill a lifelong love of learning in each and every student.
Boarding House Assistant - starting 28th August 2017
- To provide all Boarders with the best possible experience of a boarding education by ensuring a challenging and supportive environment: a home from home for Boarders.
- To provide care and security for the boys by sleeping in the boy’s boarding house.
- To oversee and co-approve the Boarder’s expenses with the Head of Boarding.
- To provide for the care and wellbeing of the school’s boarders in such a way that the highest standards of good practice are met.
- To promote boarding as an integral part of school life.
- To manage effectively and efficiently the staffing, organization and resources of the Boarding House.
- To oversee the Health and Safety standards and requirements within the Boarding House.
- To provide assistance for Physical Education coaching and teacher cover when necessary.
- An effective manager of people.
- A person with efficient organisational skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the life of the school / camp.
- Empathy for children’s needs and feelings across the age range
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate and a valid Swiss Driving License
- A person prepared to actively promote the school’s values and to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- A sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A person suitable to work with children.
Interested in joining our JFK family? ?
Please note that we are only able to consider applicants with an European passport / Swiss work permit due to permit restrictions. Please send your application with a letter of application, complete Curriculum Vitae (including details of employment, educational qualifications) and letters of references to: Head of Business & Administration, Mrs. Zannie Odobasic-Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org
John F. Kennedy International School
8 Chilchgasse, 3792 Saanen
Age Range: 4-14
Closing Date: 25th August 2017
Contact: Mrs. Zannie Odobasic-Leong
Telephone: +41 33 744 13 72