Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job Posted: December 7th, 2017
Dates: Apply by 31st January 2017.
Job starts: March 2018.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 years
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou will open in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. We are creating a new level of excellence for bilingual education in which our pupils follow a curriculum based upon the Chinese state requirements, enhanced by the National Curriculum for England that will lead to IGCSE and “A” level examinations. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Act in loco parentis and therefore be responsible for all aspects of the pastoral welfare of the pupils in the House. This would include aspects of discipline as delegated by the Head of Pastoral in line with school policy and practice and agreed boarding standards.
- Lead the House team i.e. tutors, matron and housekeeper with regard to organisation of duties and areas of responsibility needed to ensure the efficient management of the House.
- To be actively involved in the Performance management / Appraisal and Continuing Professional Development of the House team (Matron, Housekeepers). The Boarding Master will be expected to develop their own professional skills and qualifications and will be encouraged to complete to develop and extend their knowledge of Boarding School practice through specific training and attending conferences.
- Be responsible for the training and guidance of new members of the pastoral team including gap year students and ensure that an efficient working system of recording daily events and handovers between House staff is practised.
- Communicate with parents as necessary with the assistance of others in the House team. To report in respect of the pastoral development of pupils in the House and to contribute to references when requested by a member of SLT.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description has been provided in the supporting document section.The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Junior High School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV, cover letter and application form with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: January 31st 2018