Immediate vacancy at Jerudong International School.
We are looking for well qualified and inspirational teachers/staff who empathise with the academic and holistic ethos found in top UK and International Schools; and who will wish to become fully involved with both pastoral care and co-curricular activity within the school. Previous overseas experience is not essential. However, the desire to work in a genuinely international community is.
To apply, please complete the Application Form to be found in the Employment section on the school website (www.jis.edu.bn), where you will also find further details of the post. Please ensure your CV includes a recent photo, and full contact details, including email address, of two professional referees (one should be the applicant’s current and most recent employer).
The closing date for applications is Monday, February 5th 2018 although early applications would be most appreciated. Initial interviews will be by Skype.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in its care. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo comprehensive child protection screening, including an enhanced criminal record disclosure and other standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.
Jerudong International School (Brunei)
- One of the leading International Schools in Asia; situated in Brunei, on the tropical island of Borneo.
- Independent Boarding/Day School, with 1650 students on roll, aged 3-18 (6th Form of c350).
- Exceptional facilities and resources, with a beautiful 300 acre campus.
- Member of HMC, BSA, FOBISIA and COBIS.
- British Curriculum, leading to (I)GCSEs, A Levels and IB Diploma.
- Highly competitive tax free Salary (+ package including Gratuity, excellent Accommodation, Relocation Allowance, Medical Insurance, Annual Flight home etc).
- c175 Expatriate teachers, mainly from the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Initial 2 Year Contract, but the vast majority stay much longer than that. Currently, over 100 staff children attend JIS.