BTEC Creative Media Production Teacher (Maternity Cover)
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified Media graduates to apply for the position of BTEC Creative Media Production Teacher starting in September 2018. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 52 different countries and over 250 boarders.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Faculty and the Vice Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
Personal Specification & Skills
- An honours graduate with a proven track record of outstanding teaching on vocational courses. A PGCE would be an advantage, though this is not essential.
- Relates positively to students and motivates mixed ability classes
- A background in creative media production with a portfolio of work
- Excellent knowledge of software with a proven ability to use Photoshop, InDesign and FCPX
- An excellent knowledge of the latest trends and developments of various aspects of media production
- Effective & sophisticated communication skills
- Expertise and academic competence; the ability to give professional support and direction to others; seek, review and apply best practice
- Intellect, creativity and judgement: original ideas; creative approach; sound judgement
- Personal effectiveness; good time management and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; integrity and fairness. Passion for raising students’ achievement and self-esteem.
- Able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology
Willingness to be a personal tutor and make a contribution to the College at large.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th March 2018 at 3pm
Interviews: w/c Monday 19th March 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.