The Board of Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate with proven ability at leadership level to act as Bursar to Gayhurst School.
Gayhurst is a successful, co-educational preparatory school in Buckinghamshire with 310 pupils. It offers its pupils a broad, rounded, co-educational experience in a happy and caring environment, where children’s pastoral needs, happiness and wellbeing are paramount.
We are seeking a Bursar who will be a key part of the Senior Leadership Team and has genuine energy and enthusiasm to work in the education arena. The main purpose of the role is to act as Clerk to the Governors and to be responsible for ensuring:
• The prudent financial management of the school;
• That budgets are set and adhered to and the school accounts are maintained;
• That the school complies with all aspects of Health and Safety regulations;
• That the school site and buildings are appropriately maintained and secure;
• That fees are invoiced and collected, and payments processed in a timely fashion;
• That finance and premises staff are appropriately managed;
• That the school complies with Employment law regulations.
The post is available from March 2019 but the actual start date is flexible for the successful candidate and responsibilities of the role and the salary will be commensurate with experience. Education sector experience is not essential but management experience is an advantage. The Bursar is appointed by the governing body and is ultimately accountable to them but will report on a day to day basis to the Head.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st January 2019
Interviews: w/c 4th February 2019
Further details, including an Information Pack and Application Form, are enlcosed and can be found via the school’s website: www.gayhurstschool.co.uk/job-vacancies or by contacting the Head’s PA on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).