We require an enthusiastic and forward-thinking teacher of Business Studies, who has the desire or ability to teach Health and Social Careto join our large and thriving Humanities faculty. Our school is committed to delivering a remarkable education, and is looking for a colleague who motivates, inspires and instils a passion for learning in all students.
What we are looking for:
• A qualified teacher with good subject knowledge and a proven track record of excellence in the classroom.
• An inclusive individual who has high expectations for all students, irrespective of their starting points.
• A positive and highly professional team player who is willing to share ideas and best practice.
• An experienced BTEC teacher with the ability to teach across more than one subject area.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to teach within popular and growing subjects within a supportive team. Students follow BTEC Tech L2 Enterprise and BTEC Tech L2 Health and Social Care where we currently have approximately 50 students in Year 9, 10 and 11. At L3 students follow BTEC Nationals Extended Certificate in both Business and Health and Social Care.
• Inquisitive and engaging students.
• Weekly collaborative planning time.
• High quality CPD, both within the school and across the Trust.
• State of the art buildings with well-equipped, well-resourced classrooms.
Beckfoot Oakbank is an 11-18 co-ed school with approximately 1550 students. It is located in Keighley. It joined the Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust in September 2016. It did so because of its ambition to create a great school and improve rapidly. The school moved into a brand new £30m purpose built campus at Easter 2018 and the current Headteacher was appointed in June 2018.
Beckfoot Trust consists of 10 Bradford schools, all comprehensive in character that cross mainstream secondary/ primary and special sectors. The Trust is already having significant impact with a number of outstanding schools and we are excited about the potential of a school led model to transform learning environments across our group of schools so that all of our young people and staff will flourish. The Trust has a Teaching School that sits at the heart of the organisation.
We pride ourselves on our professional development programmes and care for colleagues.
We hope the further particulars will give you a clear picture of the journey we are on and encourage you to apply for this key post at a very exciting stage in the school’s development.
Visits to the school and Trust are warmly welcomed by appointment, please contact Ann Christmas via email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange and for any further information. Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March 2019 (9am). It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Tuesday 26th March 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs will not be accepted
ENJOY – LEARN -SUCCEED