Business Studies Teacher
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Thursday 22nd March 2018
Interview Date – Friday 13th April 2018
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Studies Teacher to join their team on a permanent basis from 20th August 2018.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations. The ideal candidate will be flexible and have the ability to teach on a range of business studies programmes, including vocational (BTEC) level 2 and level 3 and A Level Business studies. An ability to teach A Level economics and/or HNC/D business studies would be an advantage.
Main duties include:
· Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs or pro rata per annum)
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
· Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
· Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
· Act as a Personal Tutor, if required
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
· Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· Compliance with CPD requirements
· A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
This post could suit an experienced practitioner looking for their next challenge, a newly qualified teacher looking to make their mark within an Outstanding organisation, or a talented aspiring trainee teacher looking for support with their PGCE.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.