We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative Business Studies Teacher who will motivate and encourage our students to realise their full potential. You will demonstrate the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage students. The Business Studies Department consists of a successful and supportive team, who teach both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. The ability to teach economics would be an advantage.
Prospect is a successful 11-18 school with a strong focus on learning in all aspects of its work. There are 1,350 students on roll, including 170 students in the Sixth Form. The teaching is geared to meet the needs of the diverse community it serves, operating under an inclusive and candid ethos. Prospect School is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and realising the potential of every young person. The school is at the forefront of many educational initiatives, and has a very positive attitude to change. The school has excellent facilities and is situated on a pleasant, green and open site and is conveniently located near to the motorway network and has excellent public transport options.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a very successful team of committed and highly qualified teachers.
- A supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important.
- Great facilities and resources.
- An opportunity to develop through an extensive CPD offer, such as, comprehensive Middle Leadership development programme which includes opportunities to access NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders.
- Opportunity to participate in the SSAT TEEP programme.
- If new to teaching, we offer a bespoke induction and training programme with built-in support and mentoring.
- To become part of Prospect School at its most pivotal and exciting time.
We welcome visits from candidates. If you are interested in joining us and would like to visit the school, please contact Headteacher’s P.A., Mrs L Akister on 0118 902 3152 or email email@example.com to make an appointment. Only applications on Prospect’s application form will be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 19 February 2018.
We encourage early applications, and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment of the successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS certificate and registration with the update service. Prospect School is an equal opportunities employer.
Cockney Hill, Reading RG30 4EX
Head Teacher: Mr P Davies
Telephone: 0118 902 3152
Fax: 0118 950 4172