London SE1 from February 2018
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified Business graduates to apply for the position of Business Studies Teacher. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 52 different countries and over 250 boarders.
This is a fixed term maternity contract commencing February/March 2019.
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Faculty and the Vice Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
Personal Specification & Skills
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject
- Qualified Teacher Status is desirable but not essential. The College can support Initial Teacher Training.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment; to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice.
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th January 2019 at 12pm
Interviews: Thursday 31st January 2019