TEMS is hiring!
Business Teacher for Secondary School
• Starting date: 1st September 2021
• Interview dates: We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date for the ideal candidate, so early applications are encouraged
• Rolling interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as they apply
• Closing date: 8th June 2021
• Permanent contract, part time
• In the vibrant city of Madrid, which offers a superb quality of life
• Competitive salary with potential for extra responsibility
TEMS is currently looking for an experienced teacher to teach Business in Secondary School to join one of the best international schools in Madrid. We are looking for someone who is passionate not only about teaching but also about building excellent relationships with our pupils; something that sets TEMS apart. This role includes responsibility for planning, teaching and classroom management as well as monitoring, assessment and pastoral care.
- Qualification: Bachelors Degree with QTS or International equivalent is essential.
- Knowledge/experience: Experience in Secondary across all three key stages is essential. Knowledge of A Level is desirable
- Competences: Self-awareness and reflection, Personal Drive, Integrity, Resilience, Team working
- Languages: Native-level English speaker essential and Spanish desirable.
For over 40 years, TEMS (The English Montessori School) has been established as a British School that combines the benefits of a British education with the Montessori pedagogy and the Spanish curriculum, offering both Bachillerato and A-Levels. Our pupils rank among the very best across both Spanish and international schools in Madrid, in terms of our external examination results. As well as our high academic standards, we work to ensure our pupils are socially able and engaged, with a good level of emotional intelligence, independence and self-discipline.
• A reputation for academic excellence and an exciting opportunity to work within a global organization
• Large campus in a good location in Madrid (Aravaca).
• Confident, independent and welcoming pupils
• A lively, friendly and committed staff
• Personal development and ongoing support
• Reduced class sizes according to Covid-19 requirements
If you are interested, please visit the Work With Us section of our website (tems.es) and follow the instructions to complete and send us the application form to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the closing date. Please refer to the job title in the subject line.
Safeguarding: Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Diversity: Cognita’s success depends on our people. With 77 schools in 10 countries and our employees representing over 30 nationalities, the scope of our difference is a source of pride. We believe this diversity positively promotes global citizenship and reflects the value of contribution irrespective of one’s personal characteristics and/or background.
Equal opportunities: Cognita is committed to preserving and promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of the conduct of its business. No member of staff or any applicant for employment with Cognita will be discriminated against, harassed or victimized because of their personal characteristics. Cognita expects all staff to comply with the letter and the spirit of its policy.
The English Montessori School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The English Montessori School is a private co-educational school which caters to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid.
The school is recognised by both the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture ...