St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Multi-Academy Trust, are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Care Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work across with a student with SEND.
Main duties include
• Assisting with the personal care of pupils and those with specific medical needs and care plans
Support for personal hygiene which includes toileting
Providing practical and personal assistance to pupils with identified physical needs
• Providing general support in the classroom both indoors and outdoors
• Assisting with basic administrative tasks with regards to a high standard of presentation of pupil’s work
• Supporting pupils on off-site visits
• Provide lunchtime support and assistance to pupils
• Attendance at weekly team meeting
• To be aware of and follow all school policies and procedures, in particular the school’s child protection policy and the school’s equality policy
• The appointee will be required to encourage acceptance and inclusion of children with special needs, promoting and reinforcing the child’s self- esteem whilst maintaining professionalism and confidentiality at all times
• To undertake and update First Aid training as required
We are a welcoming and inclusive school and are happy to accept applications for those of all faiths, and none, who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Closing date: Friday 27 March 2020 (9.00 am)
Interviews to be held w/c 1 April 2020
The Trust is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check
St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.