DIOCESE OF LISMORE
ST AGNES’ PARISH SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Incorporating: St Joseph’s Regional College, Newman Senior Technical College, MacKillop College.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position at
NEWMAN SENIOR TECHNICAL COLLEGE
CAREER DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEADER
Full Time (38 hours) Temporary Contract
Newman Senior Technical College Port Macquarie is currently looking for a Career Development Team Leader to join our specialised staff.
Newman Senior Technical College is one of the largest senior secondary colleges on the NSW North Coast with one of the highest VET course enrolments in NSW. The College is a specialist facility providing students with opportunities to achieve their HSC and national qualifications.
- Proven capacity to provide support to students for Career Development;
- Knowledge of NSW HSC VET requirements and mandates;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Apprenticeship system in particular Schoolbased Apprenticeships and Traineeships;
- Experience in management and supervision of a multi-disciplined team;
- High level of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation skills, and an ability to produce professional reports, publications and correspondence with a high degree of accuracy;
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong time management skills, and an ability to prioritise competing tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships at all organisational and stakeholder levels;
- Initiative, especially in relation to problem solving;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion, and deal effectively with confidential and sensitive issues;
- An ability and willingness to support the Catholic ethos of the College;
- Hold a current NSW Working with Children Check;
- Be willing and able to participate in the religious dimension of St Agnes’ Parish Secondary Schools.
Written applications addressing your skills and experiences in the above mentioned responsibilities should be forwarded to:
Newman Senior Technical College
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Applications must be received by 9.00am, Monday 19 November 2018.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website