The Stockwood Park Academy have a fantastic opportunity for a Careers Administrative Assistant to join them and provide support of the Careers provision across the academy. Under the direction of the Careers and Work Experience Leaders, you will be responsible for developing a programme of events, information sessions, lessons and trips that support this provision.
You will be an integral member of the team during the period of the school calendar where work experience is organised for students. You will ensure that career interviews are well organised and performed efficiently and you will track the effectiveness of all careers initiatives.
· Work Experience administration and support
· Communicating with local businesses and industry to support the organisation of events both inside and outside of school; related to careers and Information and Guidance
· Organising the day to day Careers interviews, communicating with parents and students
· Supporting the Personal Development Curriculum
· Start Date: January 2019
· Salary: L4 – L5: £19,819 - £24, 657 (dependent on experience)
· Job Role: Full time, 39 hours per week, term-time only + 1 week
· Contract: 1 year fixed term in the first instance
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.