Job Reference Code: FA17/0812
Salary starting at £8.55 per hour
Full time, flexible hours including evenings and weekends 37 hours per week.
We are seeking to appoint a Caretaker (Facilities Officer) to join our busy site team at the Academy. We are looking to recruit a flexible, enthusiastic person to deliver a high standard of support across a broad range of duties. The successful candidate will be required to actively support the day to day operation of the school during school hours, evenings and some weekends in support of community bookings.
Previous caretaking experience is not essential as full training will be given. T
he building is open between 6.30am and 10.00pm, with some evening and weekend work involved.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating 2017 and excellent potential for the future • An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
• Be a key holder and ensure security of the premises.
• Ensure the satisfactory heating of the premises and the economic use of fuel for heating purposes.
• Carry out porterage duties.
• Complete general Handyperson duties.
• Support arrangements for emergency maintenance outside normal office hours.
• Carry out electrical appliance testing.
• Maintain and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
• Ensure cleanliness of equipment, check for quality and safety - reporting any faults to an appropriate senior person.
• Operate everyday equipment in accordance with instructions.
• Maintain specialist equipment, check for quality and safety and report damage to the appropriate person.
• Ensure compliance by self and others with all health and safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure safe use by self and others of equipment and materials.
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and productive working environment.
• Promote and ensure the health and safety of students, staff and visitors.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. The appointment will also be subject to two satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Tuesday 9th January
Shortlisting: Tuesday 9th January
Interviews: Friday 19th January 2018
For further information regarding this post, please download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk or email The HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Recruitment at Furness Academy, Park Drive, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, LA13 9BB. Please quote the relevant job reference code on your application form For verbal enquiries about this post, please contact the HR Officer, Mrs V Summerson on 01229 484277.