Contract: Fixed term until 19 July 2019
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday 3-8pm, term time only.
Grade/salary: H3 £17,681 pro rata (Actual £9,922)
Start date: Immediate start
We are seeking to recruit a proactive, enthusiastic, flexible and hardworking individual to join our Facilities team. You will be responsible for providing a safe, clean and efficient environment for all users of the school buildings and grounds.
The successful applicant will be responsible for
- Assist in the day to day maintenance of the college premises and hard play areas
- Assist in the cleaning of those areas outside the cleaning contract
- Routinely and in emergencies open and close the school premises and grounds
- Ensure the school is secure, including operating the alarm system
- Be responsible, when on duty or when on call, for the security of the college site and to carry a mobile telephone whilst on duty
- Assist with jobs as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the college, e.g. preparation of rooms for examinations, assemblies and lettings
- Ensure the safe acceptance and dispersal of deliveries to the college site
Tring School is popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England all-ability school, 1500+ on roll, over 300 Post-16. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work. Ofsted Inspection November 2017 stated: ‘Pupils are highly motivated to learn.' ‘Teaching is good overall with outstanding features.’
A comprehensive induction programme will be given, with opportunities for further training and personal development.
To apply, please submit a completed support staff application form along with a cover letter to C Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 15 October 2018 - 9am
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please be advised that all appointments are subject to the successful clearance of paragraph 134 of Keeping Children safe in education 2018.