Carpenter / Handyperson
Brighton College has a reputation for excellence in sports and amenity. This is a key position within the Maintenance Department. Working with the Maintenance Team, you will undertake carpentry jobs and projects within the college and its associated properties. Work is to be carried out to the highest standard and in a timely manner. In addition to carpentry work you will undertake various general maintenance duties, including painting. Applicants would ideally have the following:
- To undertake general maintenance works as directed by the Estates Manager, Maintenance Foreman. This will include good carpentry skills, the installation of shelving, repairs to damages furniture/walls door hanging, picture hanging, painting, glass cutting, window repairs and assisting others in the department and a general all-rounder.
- Occasionally you will be expected to enter residential college properties for repairs. Consideration and discretion is expected at all times.
- Occasionally helping the Porterage department with setting up/setting down of exams or functions (e.g. helping to lay temporary flooring, laying out exam desks/chairs and installing a side stage etc.
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude to work within a team.
The College is currently enjoying great success. Recent awards include: Sunday Times School of the Year, Tatler Headmaster of the Year, and the UK Independent School of the Year.
Hours: 38.75 hours per week – 7.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break. Inclusion on the maintenance call out rota, to work Open Mornings (07:00 – 09:00) on a rota and the last weekend of the summer holiday. Paid extra. Must be available to cover late shift on a rota (working hours on late cover days 10am – 18.00).
For a full job description and to apply for this post please visit https://bcollege.careers.eteach.com/
Any enquires about the application procedure should be emailed to email@example.com or by calling the HR Department on 01273 704215.
Closing date for applications: Noon Monday 10th December 2018.
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.