Casual Photography Teacher
Reference Number: SCC171825
Salary: £18.13 - £30.33 per hour
Advert Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 3rd December
Interview Date: w/c Monday 11th December
Location: FutureSkills@ MediaCityUK, Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Casual
Hours per Week: Casual
We require a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of outstanding academic success and achievements to teach Photography at our Future Skills Centre. The successful applicant must possess the ability to teach students of mixed abilities. We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge who can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching adults is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. The course is very creative and experimental and covers a wide variety of approaches to Photography. The successful candidate must be innovative, student focused, possess a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate qualification.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.