£3,426 pa (£9.08 ph) (0.1935 fte)
9 hours pw worked 11.30am-4.30pm on Thursday and Friday each week during term time weeks only (36 weeks pa)
All our Catering Assistants help with serving customers in the front of house area, assist with preparing and clearing the dining hall and servery area, and clean and wash up all kitchen and service equipment, utensils and crockery, both by hand and using mechanical equipment. Posts A and B work on a shift roster planned half a term in advance to cover 6.00 am to 8.30 pm in term time (with more standard hours during holiday periods), and on any five days out of seven for which a shift allowance is paid. Post C works fixed hours on Thursdays and Fridays each week (4.5 hours per day) during term-time weeks only. Staff can supplement their salaries by working overtime as cover when needed.
You should have great communication and customer service skills with a polite, friendly and positive attitude at all times. We pride ourselves on offering a high-quality service and want staff who are committed to the highest standards and able to use their own initiative to deliver this. You should have previous experience in a high-volume catering environment (1300 covers a day) together with a strong work ethic, a positive can-do attitude, and a willingness to pitch in to support your colleagues in their work.
In addition to the benefit of working with a friendly and dedicated team in our beautiful green parkland estate in this historic School, we offer:-
- 30 days (6 weeks) paid holiday plus 8 public holidays (pro rata for term-time/part-time posts),
- free meals during shift times,
- free life insurance cover and access to a pension scheme with employer contributions,
- free parking,
- easy access to transport links (Coombe Lane tram stop served by the New Addington tram is opposite the School entrance),
- use of our on-site tennis courts, swimming pool and gym facilities, free of charge,
- a discount of up to 50% on School fees (85% discount for wrap around care before and after school during term-time) and 50% discount with Holiday Drop-Off during School holiday periods, and
- training and development for candidates seeking to develop a career in catering
Please visit http://www.royalrussell.co.uk/vacancies for further details about our School, the role and the application process. To apply, you will need to submit a fully completed application form, taking care to ensure that your supporting statement outlines the extent to which you meet our requirements as set out in the person specification, and details of two referees, one of which should be a current or most recent employer, to email@example.com. References may be taken up before interview. Applications will be considered on receipt and should arrive no later than 12 noon on Monday 19th November 2018. We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (including a check against the Children’s Barred List), and other pre-employment screening including references and medical fitness.