Saint Felix School
Position: Chef (Weekend)
Salary: £11 per hour
Contract type: All year
Hours of Work: 10 hours per weekend
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 13 May 2021
Closing date: 27 May 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: St Felix School, Halesworth Road, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6SD
We are currently recruiting for a Chef (weekend) to join our wonderful School in Suffolk.
Saint Felix School is an independent co-educational day and boarding school for children aged from 2 – 18, located close to the glorious seaside town of Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Our aim is to develop well-rounded students with the skills and the personality to make a success of their lives during and after their school years.
The successful candidate should be able to provide a professional food service for students, and staff, so that the reputation of the School is enhanced by supervising & managing the catering, hospitality, and vending requirements.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• City and Guilds 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent qualification
• Food hygiene certificate level 2/3
• Minimum of 3 years as a Chef of large operation
• Experience of menu planning, budgeting and purchasing responsibility
• Knowledge of creative culinary skills
• Excellent people skills, able to lead & develop a team
• Have a strong financial & business acumen
• Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
• Experience of representing an organisation at external events
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment
• Should be passionate about food & customer service
• Should have a tidy & neat appearance
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Saint Felix School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Saint Felix School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
About Saint Felix School
Saint Felix, Southwold has been providing educational excellence for 120 years. A co-educational independent school for boarders and day pupils from the ages of 2 to 18.
Boarding at Saint Felix caters for full, weekly ...