Chief Operating Officer
Bohunt Education Trust
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 27 November 2017
The Chief Operating Officer leads and manages the central services of the Trust and oversees operations within the individual schools. They provide strategic leadership and hold accountability for the support functions of the organisation in order to provide leadership and management which enables the support services within each School to give effective support to the Head and Senior Leadership Team, allowing them to focus on the academic and educational aspects of the school’s development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Operated at a similar management level within an organisation which has parallels with the Trust, possibly an educational or related organisation with operations across different sites/campuses
- Managed dispersed and cross-functional teams at board-level, achieving – and exceeding - demanding targets
- The ability to work closely with the Chief Executive and board, and to command the respect of the wider community which the Trust serves
- Senior-level Operations, IT/IS, Estates Management, Corporate Services or HR experience
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial flair within a commercially driven environment where sourcing new customers and budget management are important
- Demonstrable success at developing and implementing strategy across a complex organisation
- Experience of partnership working and developing new contacts to drive business growth
- Understanding of Governance and accountability frameworks
- Experience of charities/education/healthcare; either as an executive or non-executive/trustee
- Energy, ambition, pragmatism and enthusiasm to approach new opportunities and turn them to the benefit of the Trust and Member Academies
- Commitment to the highest quality customer care, service and continuous improvement
- High level communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Emotional intelligence
- An ability to engage both in the strategic challenges and opportunities as well as the day to day responsibilities of the role
- A relevant first degree and/or professional qualification and evidence of continuing professional development
What we offer:
- An opportunity to develop your career in an expanding organisation
- Competitive salary and Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 holidays per annum (including bank holidays)
This vacancy is being handled by a search organisation: https://www.wildsearch.org/opportunities/ and you may therefore be contacted by them concerning your application.
About Bohunt Education Trust
- Bohunt Education Trust
- Longmoor Road, Liphook
- GU30 7NY
- United Kingdom
Bohunt Education Trust (BET) is a leading multi-academy trust (MAT) defined by its successful, innovative and aspirational approach to education. BET has a game-changing approach, and is viewed as a high-performing, innovative and independent-minded academy trust, with the highest expectations of its students and staff, and itself.
BET currently comprises eight schools – in Steyning, Worthing, Liphook (including Sixth Form), Portsmouth, Petersfield, Basingstoke and Wokingham, and Horsham. Trust Head Office is based in Liphook. We have ambitions to grow and are passionately committed to inspiring children and young people. Central to BET’s ethos of ‘enjoy, respect, achieve’ is introducing innovation that works.
BET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to enjoy, respect and achieve in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each BET academy, our staff take pride in knowing that they work at excellent schools within an ambitious trust and they benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and are empowered to develop their own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.