Chief Operations Officer Propeller Academy Trust, Oxfordshire
Salary: £47,599 - £50,454
Hours: full time
Start Date: 01/11/2017 or as soon as possible
Interviews: Week beginning 9th October 2017
Closing date: 25th September 2017 5pm
The Propeller Academy Trust provides outstanding provision from the age of 2 to 25 for children and young adults with special educational needs.
The Trust is seeking to appoint an experienced Chief Operations Officer to:
• Implement Trust strategy as agreed by the Academy Trust Board.
• Represent the Trust with external stakeholders.
• Ensure that the work of the Trust supports the schools in the Trust, and enables Headteachers to focus on school leadership and outcomes.
• Lead on all matters relating to Finance, Personnel, Estates and Facilities Management in the MAT.
• Lead in the design and implementation of systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all legislation relating to the MAT.
• Provide effective and efficient financial, personnel and facilities management and ensure high quality strategic financial planning that enables the MAT to make the best possible use of its resources and provide the best outcomes for its pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
• A strong background in Accountancy/Finance, Estates management, Education and Human Resources
• Significant experience managing a team of administrative, facilities and finance staff successfully
• The ability to work closely with the Directors and Local Governors, and the schools Senior Leadership Teams, and to develop effective relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors, local businesses, and other stakeholders.
We positively encourage applications from all sections of the community, including black and minority ethnic communities who may be under-represented in some areas of our workforce.
The Propeller Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post involves the type of work with children and young people that require applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed
Applications will be welcomed from accomplished, experienced Business Managers from Education or non-Education Sectors, Public or Private Sectors.
Visits to both schools are welcome. Please phone Kingfisher School 01235 555512 and Fitzwaryn School 012235 764504 to make an appointment.
For an application pack please contact Carole Hollister firstname.lastname@example.org