We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join the pastoral team at Corpus Christi Primary School.
We are an inclusive school with a strong Catholic ethos and we are very proud of the behaviour and welfare of our pupils. We have a dedicated, highly motivated and creative team and we offer good support for our staff alongside a range of professional development opportunities. Our children are happy and enjoy their learning. Parents are supportive and community links are very strong.
The ideal candidate will be positive and proactive with the ability to inspire children to learn. They must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to build supportive relationships.
The candidate must be able to:
- Work throughout the school to provide a service that enhances existing provision to support learning and participation.
- Provide learning mentor support for children on a one to one basis or in groups.
- Develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with pupils, their parents and those engaged with them.
- Act as advocate and convey the voice of the child to parents and school staff.
- Assist in the development and delivery of intervention programmes for individuals and groups of children .
- Work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to further support pupils.
- Provide impartial information or referrals about services available to parents and children, including facilitating swift access to specialist services where appropriate.
- Liaise with social services for child protection issues.
- Maintain accurate and informed records and all documentation relating to meetings/contact with children and their families.
- Support the values and ethos of our Catholic school.
Fixed term for one year
Grade I - SCP Range 28-30
30 hours per week
Actual salary - term time only: £17,302.72 -£18,590.42
Starting salary subject to experience
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 25th February 2019
Candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement.
Application forms and further information are available from the school.
Applications should be emailed to or hand delivered to Mrs Andrea Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and rigorous child protection procedures are in place. We expect all staff to share this commitment and adhere to these processes. Therefore, this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check and Childcare Disqualification Declaration.