Children Centre Outreach Worker
Smallwood Primary School
- £26,865 to £28,440 per annum
- Job type:
- Part Time, Temporary
- Start date:
- contract starting on the 16th April 2018
- Apply by:
- 16 February 2018
Smallwood Primary School is a two form entry school with provision for 40 statemented children with communication and language disorders including Autism. We are a school moving forward with purpose to improve the quality of teaching and learning with a commitment to raising standards. We are conveniently situated close to Earlsfield mainline station and Tooting Broadway underground.
Smallwood Children Centre is seeking a member of staff to work as part of the core Children’s Centre team. Applicants must be committed to providing high quality and responsive services to families with children aged 0- 5yrs old living in the local community. An enthusiasm to improve outcomes for young children and their families combined with excellent communication skills are required.
You must have:
- 2 years experience of working with families and children aged 0-5years old in a community setting.
- 2 years experience of working with vulnerable and/or hard to reach families.
- An understanding of the delivery of Early Years/Children Centre services by a multi disciplinary team providing integrated services of education, learning, care and family support.
- Knowledge of the barriers to engagement with services experienced by parents. An ability to be creative and innovative in helping the most vulnerable families to gain confidence to access the Children’s Centre and sustain their attendance.
- Excellent communication/negotiation/consultation skills.
- Qualification in an appropriate area e.g. Health, social care, education, childcare.
The post require an individual with the enthusiasm and commitment to work as part of a small team, demonstrating a clear commitment to the team approach combined with the ability to be creative and work independently.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.wandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed applications should be return to the school either by email, email@example.com or by post.
Closing date: 16 February 2018 (at Noon)
Interviews: 14 March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Tooting SW17 0TW
T: 020 8672 6024
F: 020 8682 2065
Headteacher: Mr M Roughley
About Smallwood Primary School
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.