An exciting opportunity has arisen in Streatham! Hitherfield and Woodmansterne Children’s Centres are looking for a compassionate, dynamic and committed practitioner to join their respective teams. The successful candidate will be working across both sites to contribute to the overall aims and objectives of the Children’s Centre plans and support the delivery of the Better Start programme. We are looking for someone who will enjoy the flexibility of being able to manage their own caseload in an environment where working with families and professional partners will transform the lives of babies, young children and their families living in the nearby communities.
Applicants must have:
• Education to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
• Proven experience of working with children and families in a diverse community.
• Proven experience of how to identify children and families in need of early help, and to engage these families in universal and targeted children’s centre activities.
• Knowledge and understanding of the challenges and issues faced by families in inner city areas.
• Excellent organisation, administration and communication skills.