The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
1. Hold a Masters Degree and a qualification in teaching Chinese Language and Literature/ Language Acquisition.
2. Have a passion for Chinese language, literature and culture
3. Have vast experience in classroom teaching.
3. Be qualified to teach a second subject (would be advantageous).
4. Teach with a love of children and a keen sense of the challenges of our world and its needs
6. Exhibit enthusiasm, curiosity, and creativity
7. Be experienced in Wellbeing Education and Inquiry-Based Project Education approaches
8. Demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese
9. Possess a deep reservoir of pedagogies and assessment practices, especially for the middle years
10. Have proven experience designing and implementing innovative curricula and assessments
11. Understand the challenges and importance of interdisciplinary learning
12. Thrive in a demanding culture of intellectual inquiry and continuous professional development
CIS Hangzhou seeks dynamic and collaborative teachers who have the ability and desire to work in a dual-language environment. CIS Hangzhou is a boarding programme for Year 10 students.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive professional development. CIS faculty are sought not only for their subject-specific expertise, but also for their dedication to teaching, their diverse talents and interests and their ability to support co-curricular activities.
Please click the Apply button below to submit and application