Launceston Church Grammar School is an Anglican co-educational day and boarding community where global learners and leaders are nurtured, challenged and inspired to serve and shape our world with courage, curiosity, creativity and compassion.
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and experienced educator to join our School in the newly created full-time position of Chinese (Mandarin) teacher.
This role will commence in Term 1, 2020 and is based at the Senior Campus in Mowbray Heights with a large teaching load at the Junior Campus in East Launceston.
Reporting to the Learning Area Leader (Languages), the Chinese (Mandarin) Teacher will assist and direct the work of student groups and individual students to promote language and culture learning and improve student outcomes through direct teaching contact. The Mandarin Teacher will plan collaboratively to provide coherent lessons and learning activities alongside effective classroom management strategies.
Applicants will have:
• tertiary qualifications in Education;
• current registration with the Tasmanian Teacher’s Registration Board, or be eligible for registration;
• current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania), or be eligible for registration;
• previous teaching experience in Mandarin is highly desirable with flexibility to teach in both the Primary and Secondary years.
• TCE experience in teaching Mandarin is desirable but not essential.
• Familiarity with Australian Federation of Modern language Teachers Association’s Professional standards for accomplished teaching of languages and cultures.
• Previous experience working in an IB PYP school (Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate) is desirable but not essential.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School.
Salary will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (Teachers) Enterprise Agreement.
Information packs are available from the School website and inquiries can be directed to Audra Anderson (Human Resources Manager) at email@example.com
Applications are required by close of business Friday, 16 August 2019