Chinese Speaking PYP Coordinator for School Year 2019-20
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA), Hong Kong, is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Chinese Speaking PYP Coordinator to support our bilingual programme, commencing August 2019.
As part the Pedagogical Leadership Team, the successful candidate will work alongside our current PYP Coordinator and be heavily involved in the whole-school implementation and organisation of the PYP programme.
This position is non-class based and will be on a full-time two year renewable contract.
Requirements and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- Proven experience as a pedagogical leader within a PYP school environment
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese (Putonghua) and a good standard of English
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- An exemplary teaching background in inquiry-based learning and the ability to act as a pedagogical leader of the PYP programme in the school
- Experience working in a bilingual environment an advantage but not essential
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of your educational philosophy and full resume to the Primary Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,868 students and a total faculty size of 187. In Primary, there are 99 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)