Are you passionate about changing the life chances of young people?
At Barclay Primary School we live, work and learn through our five core values: Aspiration, Respect, Kindness, Responsibility, Honesty.
We are a popular and fully-inclusive primary school situated between Leytonstone and Walthamstow. We are lucky to have two fully resourced sites: one in Leytonstone (just a stop away on the Central Line from Stratford) and another at Walthamstow Central!
We are forward-thinking, caring and, most important of all, a happy school where pupils of all abilities and social backgrounds achieve. Our ‘Five Ways’ values are at the heart of everything we do and all the decisions we make. Our pupils are exceptionally well-behaved, aspiring always to be “the best versions of themselves”. In our 2016 OFSTED (read it here), inspectors noted that: “Pupils are proud of their school, exceedingly polite, enthusiastic about their learning and exude confidence”.
Support for new colleagues at Barclay is outstanding. We incorporate our trust induction programme alongside bespoke career professional development. Programmes range from Newly Qualified Teacher development through to Middle and Senior Leader qualifications. Our partnership with the Institute of Education enhances this CPD offer, with many professional qualifications open to our team.
Our offer for every teacher:
· Bespoke CPD and professional development opportunities;
· An enhanced PPA offer, including additional “pre-PPA” to support you;
· A large leadership team, to offer you the support and guidance that you need;
· Cutting-edge technology provided by partners Google and Apple;
· A staff perks membership: providing loyalty rewards and discounts from retailers;
New for 2019-20:
· All teachers receive a Chromebook that converts to a tablet, to support planning.
· Every teacher is given teacher development time in addition to PPA to support your personal growth.
Your interview day is a mutual process aligned to helping you to decide if Barclay is the place to advance your career. We aim to make it as supportive as possible. Please can I ask that should you have any questions, these are sent to Maria Hounsell, our School Office Manager, at: email@example.com. Maria will be happy to discuss your specific requirements and to answer any questions that you may have.
Please state, in your personal statement, whether you wish to be considered for a KS1 or 2 teaching position.
Interview date: to be arranged mutually with the candidate.
On behalf of the staff and children at Barclay, I look forward to hearing from you and receiving your application.
Aspiration - Respect - Kindness - Responsibility - Honesty