King’s Meadow Primary is in the centre of the market town of Haddington. It was rebuilt following a fire in 1993 and is of an attractive, semi-open plan design. The school caters for children from P4 to P7 and currently has 13 classes, with a total roll of 358. 16 class bays, arranged in groups of 4, open onto activity areas and look on to a garden area. In addition, there is a Music Room, an ICT room, a Drama Room, a Support for Learning base, library, offices, medical room and sports/dining hall. The school is accessible to those with physical disabilities. The school team consists of Head Teacher, Depute Head Teacher, 1.5 FTE Principal Teachers, 12.5 FTE class teachers, Support for Learning teacher/s, specialist teachers in Art, Music and PE, 4 classroom assistants and 2 ASN auxiliaries. There are close links with Knox Academy and other cluster primaries. KMPS has a Parent Council and many parents help in the school
Teachers who join East Lothian Council during the school session will only be entitled to a pro-rata salary and annual leave entitlement until the end of the session. A calculation will be carried out upon commencement and pay will be adjusted in the first available pay period to ensure they are paid correctly. It may be necessary to make adjustments over several months and in these instances employees will be advised in writing. Should you require clarification please contact Payroll on 01620 827781.
To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 11/02/2018
Kings Meadow Primary School
Neilson Park Road