Applications are welcome from current probationers pending attainment of full registration with the GTCS in July 2018.
Further information on Dunbar Primary School can be found at http://www.edubuzz.org/dunbarprimary/
- To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Please download the Job Outline/Person Specification attached at the bottom of the page for the full range of tasks and duties associated with the job.
- Relevant Qualifications
- Appropriate primary qualification
- For Permanent Posts: Full GTCS Registration is required.
- For Temporary Posts: Full/Provisional GTCS Registration is required.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member’s records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
Closing date: 17/06/2018
Dunbar Primary School