We are looking for an inspirational qualified Teacher to join our outstanding academy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an "outstanding" academy and a talented team who can provide close support and mentoring. TLRs are available for possible subject leadership, which will be discussed at interview.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
Harris Primary Academy Kent House is seeking to appoint inspirational and talented staff. At HPAKH we have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the well-being of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice. We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
We welcome applications from experienced practitioners or NQTs who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) to apply for this role.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Kent House
Harris Primary Academy Kenley is a Primary academy for local children in the outer croydon area, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and focused school environment that engages children fully in their learning. We plan and tailor the curriculum to our pupils so that each is taught in the way that suits them best.
'HPAK is an outstanding school. It is outstanding not just because of the academic achievements of the pupils but for many other reasons too. The pupils are diligent, polite and hard working. They have a love for learning and an inquisitive nature. The staff at the academy are talented and dedicated and our parents and wider community support what we do. I believe that all children deserve the very best education and that as a result of this they should have every opportunity life has to offer.' Scott Palmer, Head of Academy
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
- An Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ academy: “The passionate and enthusiastic teaching staff, including the very able teaching assistants, plan challenging and extremely well-structured lessons that make sure no pupil is left behind.”
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A vibrant multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.