The Alton School is looking for an inspirational and outstanding class teacher to join our team. Our children say “A good teacher is kind and enthusiastic, pushing us to be the best we can be.”
Our vision is to give every child in our community an exceptional education - our school is an exciting one to work in and we have a team of committed staff and governors who work exceptionally hard to give the children in our community the very best. Staff are exceptionally well supported and developed as outstanding practitioners and leaders. We have a strong inclusive and supportive ethos, experienced teaching assistants in each class, a well-resourced curriculum and fabulous children.
- The opportunity to work with the most wonderful students anywhere in the country.
- A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances.
- A highly experienced and effective leadership team who can support excellent. opportunities for CPD including the opportunity to influence and lead education developments through cross school partnership.
- A clear vision for the future.
- A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working environment with extensive grounds.
- A commitment to working with and within our local community.
- A creative and innovative environment which encourages a 'risk taking' and positive mind set culture.
- A happy school - where children smile, they are eager to learn and where standards are high.
- Support and guidance from your phase leader during their weekly leadership time Specialist teachers for key areas of the curriculum.
- High quality administrative and IT support.
- An iPad.
- Spontaneous “Go home early” Fridays.
If you want to be part of something truly special, we hope to hear from you.
Visit the school: Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Helen Gibbs on 020 8876 8482 to arrange a visit, or to have an informal chat with the headteacher Ruth Hudson.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 18th June 2018. Interviews will be held week beginning 18th June 2018. We consider applications on receipt, so your early response is encouraged. Please download the associated documents. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
This post is subject to a DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.