Harbour International School is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated teacher, with previous international teaching experience, to join our team of highly collaborative and committed teachers.
We are a small primary school, with a strong sense of community, located in the vibrant city of Rotterdam. We offer an internationally focused curriculum, with a high level of differentiation to meet the needs of all the children in our care.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- (International) Teaching Qualification / Certificate that qualifies for accreditation according to the Dutch educational system
- Experience of the International Primary Curriculum or other international curriculums and a knowledge and understanding of current trends and innovation in international education
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Previous experience in an international school including teaching children with English as an additional language
- A reflective approach to teaching; being committed to personal development and growth
- A willingness to collaborate and contribute to the ongoing development of our school
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education on the relevant pay scale, dependant on background and experience. This includes a holiday allowance and end of year bonus
- An initial one year contract with successful completion leading to a permanent contract
- Continuous professional development
- Children from over 40 nationalities who are enthusiastic to learn, kind and considerate
- A warm and welcoming staff body
- Small class sizes
- Relocation expenses if coming from outside of the Netherlands
The starting date for this position is August 29th 2021. For more information please contact the Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the TES portal to apply.
The closing date for applications is 16th May 2021. Interviews will be online between 17th May and 28th May.
Harbour International School is committed to safeguarding and employment is on the condition of full safeguarding checks including obtaining a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) and reference checks from previous employers.
Harbour International School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 12 years