Forest Hill is an oversubscribed 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer in state-of-the-art facilities. We have a strong record of academic success which combined with our Performing Arts specialism underpins the development of our boys all the way to our co-educational post 16 provision.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled RE / Politics teacher to start in either January or April 2019.. RE is taught across all Key Stages and Politics is a popular option choice at both GCSE and A-Level.
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Psychology and/or RE teacher qualified to teach up to Post 16 • An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• A team player who collaborates well with others and has the shared vision to lead and improve standards of teaching and learning
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their classroom
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in the Arts
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of both Psychology and RE
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: We do not accept CVs, and applications must be summited on the Lewisham Teacher Application Form available from the school website. Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with Mr Lamb, Faculty Leader English & REPP.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Thursday 22nd November with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 26th November. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observations in both subjects.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.