Class Teachers (2 Posts)
Widecombe-in-the-Moor and Ilsington C of E Primary schools are part of the South Dartmoor Academy. The Academy consists of seven schools: the Atrium, Ashburton Primary, Buckfastleigh Primary, Ilsington C of E Primary, Moretonhampstead Primary, South Dartmoor Community College and Widecombe-in-the-Moor Primary.
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and dynamic teachers to join our experienced teams from September 2018. A specialism and passion for either Science or Outdoor Learning is desirable. The Widecombe post is for a 0.5 teacher and the Ilsington post is for a 0.4 teacher.
To work in our small rural schools, the successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of teaching and learning in mixed age classes;
- Be a team player who will be committed to sharing your own good practice with your colleagues, be open to advice and work positively within a fantastic and skilled team;
- Be flexible and reflective;
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who sets high standards for yourself and your pupils;
- Have a passion for inspiring learners through exciting and innovative curriculum experiences;
- Have vision, passion and drive to achieve excellent outcomes for all pupils;
- Have high expectations for progress, behaviour and outcomes;
- Be well-motivated and a positive role model;
- Have a desire to develop your own skills and be part of the whole life of the school and the wider academy.
Our small rural schools will provide the successful candidates with:
- Warm, enthusiastic and friendly children;
- Schools that are focussed on nurture and well-being:
- An experienced and committed staff team
If you think that this is the post for you, please get in touch and come along for a visit. We would be happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have. Please contact Barbara Low on 01364 621261 to arrange an appointment.
South Dartmoor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure and satisfactory references are required for this post.
Please apply by noon on the 22nd June 2018 (shortlisting will take place on this day). Interviews are on Thursday 28th June 2018.