Class teacher - primary
Salary: Teachers pay scale + SEN allowance (+ potential for TLR2 – Phase Leadership/subject leadership role for an experienced candidate – please state if you only want to be considered for Phase Leadership role and refer to appropriate job description/person specification in application)
Line Manager: Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team
Supervisory Responsibilities: Support staff as directed
Forest Bridge School is a new all-age Special Free School for children with autism which opened in September 2015. The aim of the school is to provide a suitable environment with a high level of therapeutic support and excellent teaching to allow pupils with autism to achieve their full potential and to make the most of their intelligence, focus and skills. Forest Bridge School will help each pupil that leaves the school to progress into training, employment or further education. You will join a dedicated team of staff who will establish a culture in which every pupil has the opportunity to thrive and flourish.
The aim is for Forest Bridge School to be an outstanding provision for children and young people with autism, which has a rooting in ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis) and with each individual pupil’s potential at the heart.
We want all of the ‘teachers’ in a pupil’s life to work in close partnership, delivering outstanding teaching to enable each child to achieve their best possible outcomes. At Forest Bridge School this partnership will include: parents, teachers, behaviour therapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and tutors.
Our teachers lead their class jointly with the ABA supervisor/s working with the pupils in the class.
We offer an exciting career opportunity for someone who wants to make a significant contribution to the development of our school on its journey to Outstanding. We welcome applications from NQTs.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a good (with desire to be outstanding) or an outstanding classroom practitioner who has high expectations of self and others and is passionate about encouraging all pupils to achieve success.
- Be ambitious to support and extend the learning opportunities for all of our pupils.
- Have a commitment to working in partnership with ABA professionals, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists, other staff, parents and the community to reduce the barriers to learning that children and young people with autism face and promote excellent learning opportunities for all.
- Have drive, enthusiasm and a clear vision for achieving educational excellence for children with autism.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the EYFS/primary/secondary curriculum.
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Be able to contribute to the wider curriculum of the school through sports, arts, music, drama and other enrichment activities.
If successful you will work hard, be approachable, creative, pragmatic and solution focused. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape the future of a brand new school! You will receive professional development to meet your individual needs and a very supportive Headteacher to mentor you throughout your career at Forest Bridge School.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are considering applying for this role, it is highly recommended that you arrange a visit to the school. This can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the link below for further details about the post and how to apply through our recruitment site:
Please contact email@example.com for any queries in relation to this post.