Girton Glebe Primary School is a village primary school at the heart of its community, situated two miles north of Cambridge, with a rich curriculum delivered by an enthusiastic teaching team.
At our recent Ofsted inspection (September 2016), we were rated 'Good' in all areas. In particular the inspection highlighted: “a strong culture of aspiration across the school”, “teachers plan and deliver lessons that engage and enthuse pupils” and that “the varied and interesting curriculum supports pupils to achieve good outcomes in a wide range of subjects. Achievements in art and music are particularly impressive.”
We are seeking a motivated, inspiring teacher with a strong track-record in KS2 to join our friendly and energetic staff.
• a supportive and committed team
• senior leadership opportunity
• a strong commitment to continuing professional development
• an inclusive school with well-behaved and creative children
• an Ofsted “Good” rating (September 2016)
The successful candidate will:
• demonstrate a dedication to high standards and high expectations
• support the class in their approach to SATs and their transition to secondary
• be committed to the very best teaching and learning in Key Stage 2
• understand a cross-curricular approach and bring exciting ideas to their pupils
• be able to support the aims, ethos and expectations of the school and its community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please call the School Office to book a visit on Thursday 7th December (pm) or Friday 8th December.
Application Deadline: Monday 11th December, 9.30am
Interview Date: Monday 18th December
An application pack is available from www.girtonglebe.com/jobs-y6teacher. Alternatively call the School Office (01223 276484) to request a pack via email.
Find out more about us by visiting our website: www.girtonglebe.com
Girton Glebe Primary School is committed to safeguarding, including the Prevent agenda, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment practices, which include, but are not limited to, applying for an enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medical clearance for all newly appointed staff.