Vacancy 1 - Maternity Cover (35 hours per week)
Temporary full time position until June 2018
Days of Work: Mon-Fri
To start March 2018
Vacancy 2 - (15 hours 3 mins per week)
Permanent part time position
Days of Work: Wed-Thurs
To start as soon as possible
You will be asked to indicate which of the above posts you would like to be considered for when you complete the application form.
Teachers who join East Lothian Council during the school session will only be entitled to a pro-rata salary and annual leave entitlement until the end of the session. A calculation will be carried out upon commencement and pay will be adjusted in the first available pay period to ensure they are paid correctly. It may be necessary to make adjustments over several months and in these instances employees will be advised in writing. Should you require clarification please contact Payroll on 01620 827781.
Dunbar Primary School is a very large school split over two campuses; the role continues to rise as additional housing is planned for Dunbar. We currently have 1,203 pupils from Nursery – Primary 7.
John Muir Campus has sixteen P1 – P3 classes, eight classes in our nursery and houses a Wraparound care facility. We also have an Authority Communication Base (The Cove) within John Muir Campus for primary pupils. All pupils in The Cove are allocated a mainstream class and where possible, depending on the severity and need, we aim to integrate them into class as much as possible.
Lochend Campus has twenty P4 – P7 classes. A new extension was completed in August 2016 that included an additional four classrooms, a music room, meeting room and support room.
The Head Teacher has no class commitment; there are 5 deputies all with 0.2 FTE, two based at each campus and one who has responsibility for The Cove. The school is also supported by a full-time PT Inclusion and Support, a full-time PT who has responsibility for the nursery and one other PT with full-time class commitment.
We see ourselves as a community school and work hard to engage with and support the community of Dunbar. We have very supportive and proactive parents, a large and enthusiastic volunteer network and pupils who are very engaged and motivated to learn. We are proud of our welcoming and successful learning community.
Further details about Dunbar Primary can be found on our school website (www.edubuzz.org/dunbarprimary) and school twitter page (@DunbarPrimary).
We warmly welcome enquiries and visits from interested candidates. Please contact a member of the Senior Management Team to arrange.
- To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 04/02/2018
Dunbar Primary School