The vacancy provides the opportunity for a well-qualified, inspirational teacher of Classics to work in the Classics subject area within the wider Languages Faculty and to teach Latin and Classical Civilisation across all age groups from Year 7 up to A Level (and Oxbridge entrance) and ideally Ancient Greek to GCSE. Also to contribute to extracurricular activities within Languages, working closely with colleagues in the Faculty and across the school.
About the School:
Northampton High School, part of the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST), is an independent girls’ day school with a reputation for academic excellence, strong pastoral care and a wide breadth of extra-curricular activity. We are proud to be at the forefront of education for girls and a strong voice in promoting opportunities for young women.
• Membership of Teaching Staff Pension Scheme
• Access to the GDST central training and development programme
• Up to 50% discount on fees for children at GDST schools
• Training grants for obtaining further qualifications
• Computer Loans: Interest free loans are available to staff to enable them to buy a computer for personal use at home or school
• Cycle Scheme: the school is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months
• Lunches: free lunches are provided to all staff during term time
• Four weeks’ study leave for teachers after ten years’ continuous service
• Accredited NQT induction
For further information and an application form, please click the apply button.
Application forms should be submitted by midday on Friday 22 June 2018 at the latest; however, applications may be considered in advance of the deadline.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in the fortnight beginning 25 June 2018.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity with children.