We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Stage 2 teacher to join us, one of the founding schools of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a small and friendly one form entry primary school with a specialist deaf provision and sought after nursery and nurture group.
We passionately care about the education and welfare of our children and families and aim to enhance the life chances of everyone at our school. We are based in a modern building close to the centre of historic Rochester, with easy access to the A2 and M25 and good public transport links. We have a large outdoor area surrounding our school with plenty of space which we utilise for breakout and intervention teaching.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children and for the adults who work here. Our Trust supports teachers with planning, Educational Visits, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all are fully supported, enabling them to deliver the best learning possible.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who will be ambitious for our pupils, energetic, well organised, highly motivated and willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
We can offer you:
- A small and vibrant team who offer a supportive induction program
- On-going support through team meetings and professional development days
- High expectations for all members of the school community
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- Free parking onsite
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting, preferably with experience in KS2
- Be a dedicated teacher who will want to ensure that all our children achieve their very best
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and good interpersonal skills.
- Good or Outstanding practice and have high expectations for yourself and the children
- A great team member and keen to seek CPD
- An aspiring leader of learning, you will be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school
- High expectations of all our children regardless of need
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our Trust and you are keen to progress your career then please apply today! Visits to our school are very welcome and strongly encouraged before application.
To see our school in action, please contact Karen Holdsworth, Office Manager, to arrange a more suitable time. We would be delighted to welcome you to our school.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels, Children’s Barred List check and references which are satisfactory to the school will be required prior to any offer of employment.