We have a full-time, fixed term teaching opportunity.
In your application please show how you can:
1. demonstrate a collaborative preference in working and planning with peers, support staff, students, parents and carers.
2. articulate and demonstrate involvement with high yield strategies that influence student achievement. eg. review & response meetings, walkthroughs, feedback, coaching, data interpretation.
3. demonstrate pedagogical practices highlighting the use of the gradual release of responsibility model, short term planning influenced by data.
4. demonstrate a clear understanding of the Archdiocesan Religious Education Curriculum, the Australian Curriculum and in particular a willingness to participate in emphasizing the personal/social capabilities
Our Lady of the Way school is located in Petrie. The school provides a nurturing community centred environment for learning and is firmly grounded in the Catholic tradition. It is a coeducational primary school catering for approximately 340 students. The school embraces the 4 pillars of Faith, Learning, Community and Diversity.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time & Part Time positions available + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2020 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 4 days a week - Share Teaching
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: John Parkinson
Contact Telephone Number: 3285 2977
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window