Inspire their Remarkable
Clerk to Governors
Part time - 2.1 hours per week on average
The Ridge Academy are seeking to appoint a Clerk to Governors. Each Academies Enterprise Trust Governing Board must be supported by the clerk in regards to the following:
- Providing effective administrative support to the governing board
- Ensuring the governing board is properly constituted
- Managing the information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
In coordination with the Academies Enterprise Trust central governance team the clerk should:
- Ensure that Governing Board meetings are well planned, conducted and documented, making effective use of the Governor classroom
- Inform the Governing Board of any changes to its responsibilities as a result of any changes in the Academy, legislation or AET policy and guidelines
- Contribute to the induction of governors where necessary
- Support AET’s Head of Schools’ Governance and Senior Governance administrator to ensure consistent high standards in Governance administration
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date- September 2019
Closing date- Friday 21 June 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details