Clerk to the Governors
Grade 4 Point 9 – 12 £17,419 - £19,430
(Pro rata £1,883 - £2,100)
Starting: January 2018
The Governing Body of the West Grantham Academies Trust are looking for a reliable, efficient and effective clerk to join our team. The post is for 4 hours per week for 52 weeks per year. The successful applicant will be required to attend all full Board and Committee meetings. You will work closely with the Chair of Directors, Executive Headteacher, Company Secretary and together with other Directors, staff and relevant Diocesan/LA personnel to ensure that all paperwork for School Governance is appropriately maintained.
We are looking for a person to:
- Provide proactive support with agenda setting, including the production of a draft agenda for each meeting.
- Issuing the agenda and all the supporting paperwork.
- Attendance at meetings to take minutes and provide advice on governance issues, when required.
- The preparation, amendment and issuing of the minutes.
- Provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
- General administrative support for the governing body.
- Maintaining Governor records, their terms of office, pecuniary interests, training and attendance
- The clerking of any additional meetings.
- Understand and abide by the confidential nature of the role at all times.
Applicants will need to be conversant with general IT, as most of the communication is via email and cloud-based shared storage.
Training and support are available for the right candidate.
Please refer to the job description for full details.
More information and application forms are available on our website:
Please note we cannot accept CV’s as a form of application.
For any further information please contact Karen Hann by email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 8 January 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
If you have not heard from us by 12 January 2018 please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
The West Grantham Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)