We are seeking to appoint, from September 2018, a well-qualified, experienced and innovative Teacher of Health and Social Care who is able to inspire outstanding learning and progress. Experience of successful teaching level 3 Health & Social Care would be desirable, as we are introducing the subject as an option at Post 16 for the first time from September 2018, but equally applications are welcome from NQT’s with strong subject knowledge. The ability to teach a second subject during the first year of appointment would be advantageous but this should not be necessary as the course is fully in place at both Level 2 and 3.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking, popular and ambitious department where academic standards and levels of student achievement are extremely high. Candidates will need to demonstrate a passion for teaching Health and Social Care, as well as the energy and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the future development of the subject and will develop their career in a supportive, collaborative environment.
Ilkley Grammar School is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400 year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
Our Ofsted inspection of March 2017 confirmed us as an ‘Outstanding’ school in all areas, where we have “pupils (who) demonstrate extremely positive attitudes to learning” and where “pupils’ behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.”
We are the founding and lead school of the Moorlands Learning Trust and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school to school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
* a dedicated and passionate teacher of Health & Social Care who has resilience and a strong, positive work ethic
* a commitment to providing high quality lessons to engage, challenge and inspire our students
* an individual with the ability to teach BTEC levels 2 & 3 across the full ability range
* the ability to teach a further humanities subject during the first year would be advantageous
* a strong commitment to extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities
* the opportunity to make a real difference
* students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
* a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
* a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
* a committed and established staff
* very supportive parents and Governors
* a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale with good transport links to Leeds and Bradford
For further details, including our specific application requirements for this post, please visit our school website www.ilkleygrammarschool.com
Closing date for applications: 8am Tuesday 20th February 2018
Provisional interview date: week commencing 19th February
Ilkley Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people in our recruitment procedures and in all our work across and beyond school. The school adheres to statutory guidelines in respect to safe recruitment. All persons employed by the school, in any capacity, will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and confirmation of employment is subject to a successful outcome. All teaching staff members recruited by the school have their eligibility to teach checked with the DfE.