Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic and committed Co-ordinator of Art and Technology to contribute further to this thriving community. The successful candidate will teach art and technology at key stage 2 and 3 and lead and co-ordinate both art and technology in our enrichment programme.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within a positive and stimulating environment.
What we need:
- A passion for Art and Technology education and an ability to foster the creativity of individual students
- The ability to teach Art and Technology to KS2 and KS3
- The ability to co-ordinate the Art and Technology curriculum as well as extra clubs and activities
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- A proven track record to excellent achievement at key stage 3 or key stage 2
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals and close liaison with colleagues
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk . Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal, Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, NE3 2JH
Closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 21 March 2019.
Interview date is Wednesday 27 March 2019
Gosforth Federated Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.