The Cohort Leader / Business HND Teacher will work with the Programme Leaders to plan, organise and co-ordinate a range of programmes across the specific discipline in line with the curriculum and considering the college strategic priorities, to ensure an excellent learner experience is provided.
The Cohort Leader / Business HND Teacher role has overall responsibility for reporting regularly to the RAC group upon the welfare and performance of learner cohorts including retention, achievement and completion.
There will be some teaching attached to the post for the Cohort Leader / Business HND Teacher; the teaching load will be reviewed annually. Teaching duties will be aligned to the College’s Development Plan; College strategic priorities and the role of the professional teacher document.
Cohort Leader / Business HND Teacher are not line managers and it is the Assistant Principal who will take overall responsibility for the performance of learners and staff within the curriculum area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day direction of operations to the Academic Team ensuring the activities meets the needs of learners and take account of best practice.
- Provide guidance and support to Academic staff regarding implementation of the College’s academic regulations and quality assurance practices.
Ensure timely compliance with IV/EV requirements, assessment schedules and course review activities.
- Support and contribute to the development of innovative approaches to curriculum delivery.
- Work with Unit Leaders to ensure the highest standard of course materials and resources (e.g. schemes of work, online resources and course materials).
- Support the Programme Leaders with the timetabling and deployment of staff, to ensure efficient utilisation.
- To co-ordinate and deploy resources including support with the recruitment, induction, development and support of new staff and Unit Leaders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Teaching/Pedagogy Hold one of the following:
- A Minimum Level 7 Qualification
- A teaching qualification at minimum Level 7 (e.g. PGCHE).
- Personal skills in English, Mathematics and ICT by holding Level 3 qualifications
- Experience of planning and developing curriculum programmes.
- Substantial experience of effective timetabling, deployment and utilisation of staff across a multi-site College.
- Successful track record in improving the quality of teaching and learning in HE, Sixth Form College, School Sixth Form or GFE Colleges.
- Ability to successfully achieve targets in relation to recruitment, retention and achievement.
- A Satisfactory DBS disclosure at Enhanced level.
- Demonstrable commitment to the College’s vision and values.
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Regent Group is building a 21st century education model for future world learners. Our vision is to become a leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of our students and the communities in which they live and work. We pride ourselves on finding the right course for our learners at our own institutions or with an increasingly wide range of partner institutions across the globe.