Complex Needs Teaching Assistant
ABC Teachers Leicestershire
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Supply
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 3 January 2018
ABC Teachers are seeking a qualified and experienced teaching assistant to work in a SEN setting in Leicester City Centre. This is a full time contracted role starting in January and initially lasting until the end of the academic year.
This is an assistant role which would take place within a vibrant SEN school that specialises complex learning difficulties. Working at this school would be the start of a great carer within SEN with a fantastic energetic team.
You must have experience working with special needs and challenging behaviour. This role would be working across the school with ages ranging from 4 – 19 years old. A successful applicant must be hard working and be able to be understanding with the pupils. The school is a vibrant and successful Special School where students have personalised and individualized programmes to support the young person to make progress, develop skills and engage socially with others.
ABC Teachers are looking someone who is able to multitask, has a keen interest with SEN pupils and also has had previous experience within complex SEN Schools. The successful applicant must be serious about making tangible difference to the most vulnerable lives. The school is willing to offer expert training in a fun and flexible working environment.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa if applicable)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (Bachelor of Education / PGCE)
· Have previous experience teaching within an SEN setting
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have a creative approach to learning
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
We pride ourselves on offering fantastic rates of pay of up to £75 per day (after qualifying period) and putting forward candidates that meet our secure safeguarding criteria. We have a close relationship with our candidates and schools and work exclusively with our client base.
Candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview to register; we will need to gain two references (academic/professional) and hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you). We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
For more information regarding this position or to register with us for opportunities like these please contact Anna Armstrong today on 01509 608017 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, who were also a finalist in the APSCo Recruitment Company of the year award 2013.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. All telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
About ABC Teachers Leicestershire
- ABC Teachers Leicestershire
- 44 Churchgate, Loughborough
- LE11 1UE
- United Kingdom
Established in 2005, ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
What we do
Operating across the Midlands, we provide a high-quality recruitment service for schools of all kinds.We’re always interested in talking to teachers, teaching assistants, cover supervisors and other support staff with any level of experience – whether you’re an NQT, busy parent or semi-retired! If you’re looking for daily supply, short & long-term cover – or even a permanent role – we can help.
We operate under a simple set of values which impact on everything we do. Our aim is always to be open, honest and ethical in the way we do business; both internally with the way we treat our staff, and externally, in how we look after our clients and candidates. This unique approach to recruitment has made us the first port of call for both schools and teachers alike.
What we offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.